Herbal Equilibrium is a unique and potent botanical formulation incorporating the latest research on using natural extracts to help your body rebalance its hormones naturally. This formula is a critical building block that supports all three of the hormones (estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone) most prone to fluctuate during menopause.†
- Black cohosh, red clover, and kudzu form a powerful and synergistic isoflavone complex that diminishes symptoms associated with estrogen deficiency, such as hot flashes and night sweats.†
- Passionflower, chasteberry, and wild yam are botanicals that have been used by traditional cultures to treat symptoms such as irritability, anxiety, and insomnia. Recent studies show that the flavonoids in these herbs may mimic the actions of progesterone.†
- Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic herb known to have gentle aphrodisiac and mood-stabilizing properties.† Recent studies suggest it activates the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis, increasing the production of androgens.†
These herbs have been used by women for generations for safe and effective healing.† The formula for this product contains NO milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, soy, wheat, added yeast, or artificial preservatives, colors, sweeteners or flavors and is manufactured in a facility that is externally validated by NSF International to meet or exceed all government standards (the FDA’s GMP or Good Manufacturing Practices).
HOW TO TAKE YOUR HERBAL EQUILIBRIUM
We recommend starting with two (2) tablets per day—one (1) with breakfast and one (1) with dinner. Use this product as long as necessary. For long term use check with your healthcare practitioner.
NOTE: Do not exceed three (3) tablets per day. See below for additional precautions.
If you have any questions about Herbal Equilibrium or other Women’s Health Network products you are taking, please let us know. Our health advisors have years of experience and have found that sometimes it just takes a little extra advice to get you feeling better. Or you may be ready to talk about additional diet and lifestyle changes once you are feeling better.
Just call us at (800) 448-4919. We’re here to help.
FINE-TUNING YOUR HERBAL EQUILIBRIUM PROTOCOL
A small percentage of women need to adjust their Herbal Equilibrium protocol. Here’s what to do if you are one of them:
- When your symptoms are more severe, or if you do not experience significant relief within three weeks, take three tablets per day (a.m., midday, and p.m.) with meals for a period of three weeks. If symptoms improve, remain at three tablets per day for an additional three weeks, then adjust down to two tablets per day.
- If you are generally sensitive to supplements or experience digestive issues, start with one tablet per day with a meal for one week, and then gradually increase to the recommended protocol. If symptoms do not improve, please contact us.
- Return to taking your Herbal Equilibrium at the regularly scheduled time when you are able.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use if:
- You are taking any medication or have any medical conditions.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are on anti-hypertensive medications.
- You are taking medications such as methotrexate.
- You are undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
- You have experienced or are experiencing: heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding/menorrhagia, hypermenorrhagia, post-partum hemorrhage or chronic nose bleeds.
- You are taking barbiturates, the effects of which may be potentiated by Ashwagandha.
- You are taking any anticoagulants (“blood thinners”), such as warfarin (Coumadin®), heparin, or anti-platelet agents, such as clopidogrel (Plavix®).
- You have any history of blood clotting or have experienced any event such as a heart attack or stroke.
- You are taking any monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or any mood-enhancing medications.
- You are suffering from a liver disorder.
- You are within 5 days of surgery or have any type of abnormal bleeding or bleeding disorder.
- You have a preexisting thickening of the endometrium. In rare cases, where there may be a preexisting thickening of the endometrium, this product may cause sloughing off of tissue in the form of vaginal bleeding. Please see your gynecological practitioner to address the bleeding. In general we view this as a positive situation as it is bringing to light an irregularity for you to address earlier than you might otherwise have done. This thickening is not caused by Herbal Equilibrium.
Like many foods and supplements, some of the nutrients in this supplement are known to affect the P450 pathway the liver. As a result, certain prescription medications may be affected. Please consult your healthcare practitioner if taking any prescription medication.
Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place, away from exposure to light.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
References on safety and efficacy
For more information on the substantiation of this product, please visit our reference section.
Women’s Health Network, PO Box 306, Portland, Maine 04112 • (800) 448-4919