Our pure Alpha Lipoic Acid helps carry out important metabolic functions in the body, including energy metabolism and glucose handling.† It has been called the “universal antioxidant” because it is involved in so many different antioxidant functions in virtually all body tissues.†
The ingredients in this formula are of the highest quality and contain NO milk/dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat, yeast, corn, or artificial preservatives, colors, sweeteners or flavors. This formula is manufactured in a facility that is validated by NSF International to meet or exceed all government standards (the FDA’s GMP or Good anufacturing Practices).
HOW TO TAKE YOUR ALPHA LIPOIC ACID
Take one (1) to two (2) tablets daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Use this product as long as necessary. For long term use, check with your healthcare practitioner.
DO NOT EXCEED SIX TABLETS PER DAY
If you have any questions about Alpha Lipoic Acid or other Women’s Health Network products you are taking, please let us know. Our health advisors have years of experience and have found that sometimes it just takes a little extra advice to get you feeling better. Or you may be ready to talk about additional diet and lifestyle changes once you are feeling better. Just call us at (800)448-4919. We’re here to help.
FINE-TUNING YOUR ALPHA LIPOIC ACID PROTOCOL
A small percentage of women need to adjust their Alpha Lipoic Acid protocol. Here’s what to do if you are one of them:
- Every woman is different—if you are generally sensitive to supplements, you may want to start with one (1) tablet every other day until your body adjusts. Then, increase to one (1) to two (2) tablets daily with meals.
- Return to taking your Alpha Lipoic Acid at the regularly scheduled time when you are able.
Consult your healthcare provider prior to use if:
- You are taking any medication or have any medical conditions.
- You are pregnant or nursing.
- You have or are at risk of cardiovascular disease, hypertension, or hypotension, or are using hypotensive agents.
- You have or are at risk for gastrointestinal disorders.
- You have or are at risk for urinary disorders.
- You have a thiamine deficiency.
- You have a trace mineral deficiency.
- You have diabetes or are taking anti-diabetic or hypoglycemic medications.
- You have or are at risk of glaucoma.
- You are undergoing cancer treatment.
- You are taking any anticoagulants (“blood thinners”), such as warfarin (Coumadin®), heparin, or anti-platelet agents, such as clopidogrel (Plavix®).
- You have hypothyroidism.
Keep tightly closed in a dark, cool and dry place.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
References on safety and efficacy
Our Alpha Lipoic Acid has been carefully selected following review of the scientific literature on its safety and therapeutic efficacy. For more on the clinical basis of using Alpha Lipoic Acid, including peer-reviewed studies and additional supporting documentation please visit the reference tab of our product page. Further reading: To learn more about antioxidants, see our article at: www.womenshealthnetwork.com/nutrition/.
Women’s Health Network, PO Box 306, Portland, Maine 04112 • (800) 448-4919